1) wearing patterned tights for a bit longer
2) not having to inspect your legs for hair before you leave the house!
3) still being able to wear my much loved leather jacket!
4) an excuse for a snuggle!
5) realising that it's not as bad as winter and summer is slowly but surely creeping around the corner.
In order to turn that frown upside I put on my little lace dress, my pale blue duffle coat and my much loved leopard print pumps! I had a lot of fun taking these photos - even if I did get a few funny looks for dancing around with an umbrella!
outfit details: jacket - asos | dress - new look | shoes - clarks | umbrella - next | bag - cambridge satchel
In response to an article I read in Glamour magazine UK by Isy Suttie, I decided that for me too there was many things I quite frankly couldn't give a hoot about! I know it's cliche but life is too short - I can remember this time last year like it was yesterday and it doesn't seem long ago that I was welcoming in the new year! I think we all come to a point in our lives when we start doing things for ourselves and not for others; at 21 it has taken a few years to get to grips with this - I have finally learnt to go with my gut, take a few chances and know that even if I do fail (as I have so many a times!) at least I have tried - without that you can't possibly move forward. Onwards and upwards!
1) People from the past; I literally have about 30 friends on facebook - real friends not 'friends' because I decided that if I hadn't spoken/seen them in the past month then a) I don't give a hoot b) they don't give a hoot c) if we haven't had some form of communication in a month are we really likely to?
I found that deleting all these people was actually therapeutic; allowing me to to people detox, stop me wasting time looking at people's profiles wich made me compare my life to theirs - leaving me feeling like crap. I can now log in, chat to people I care about and who care about me and get on with my perfectly good life!
2) Opinions on me; oh how young Claire wasted so much time fretting what tom, dick and harry thought of her! I am not going to lie and say and I don't care at all but I won't let opinions effect me or what I want to do; I have learnt that I know what's best for me because I am in control of who I am and who I want to be.
3) Making mistakes; I have done many things in the past that I would class as a 'mistake' but I wouldn't be where or who I am without them. If you never make mistakes then you will never learnt. One thing that I always hold on to is that with every choice there is a and b - it doesn't matter which one you choose because both with lead to different outcomes, neither wrong nor right just the way things happen!
4) Looking daft; something that I am sure I've done all my life but now I don't care - If I want to run up to my friend and hug rather dramatically that I haven't seen in a few weeks then I will. If I want to sign a song in my head to my boyfriend in public then I will. If I am unsure about wearing something then I will wear it and see how it goes!
5) Expectations; I have made choices simply to please others because I thought a) they knew best for me b) I was doing such and such because I want to meet their expectations and standards - which both in turn made me miserable and feel like crap because I didn't feel like me anymore. I've learnt that the only expectations you have to adhere to are your owns, it's your life not theres.
1: I was really surprised with myself when I tried this floral playsuit on and liked it as it's something I wouldn't normally wear but hey, what's wrong with trying something new when you could end up loving it?!
outfit details: playsuit - ax paris | cardigan - primark | shoes - clarks
2: Whilst wondering through Waterstone's book shop I came across this beauty; a book that gives you 642 creative writing challenges to complete such as: 'you are pirate, describe your perfect day' and 'fix the plot of the worst film you have ever seen'.
It's a really fun book to have and has made me write about things I would of normally stayed away from, made me see things from a different perspective and challenged how and what I write. I would highly recommend this and it's a great way to pass 10 minutes!
3: Every now and again I hear a song that I replay, replay and replay whilst attempting to sing along! I honestly can't get enough of this song, it fills my soul with happiness, puts me in a good mood (so much that I find myself humming the tune throughout the day!) and makes me fall in love with my favorite youtuber melonlday even more <3